Sunday, October 09, 2005

So many new things


Lots of new things going on that I haven't recorded. Today Andy stood for a full ten seconds before he realized what he was doing and promptly sat down. It was fun to see. My husband and I were both pretty psyched although it was funny because Andy didn't realize why he was getting cheered. It was cute. Of course, later after his bath he promptly peed on the baby gate so I guess for every step forward, there is some inching backwards. He has also figured out how to pat the bunny in "Pat the Bunny." It's really cute to see him purposely pull his hand over the bunny. He hasn't figured out the other three pages of that book (hard to believe it's such a classic since there are like 25 words in the whole darn book).

It was nice that he went down without too much of a fight tonight considering the afternoon nap plan didn't happen. After lots of screaming and retucking, I finally got him out figuring we'd wear him down instead. I kept meaning to take a walk in the early evening before it got dark, but first off, it got darker faster than I imagined and then the baseball game was in the 18th inning. Seriously, the 18th inning. I couldn't leave then! Although had I gone in the 11th like I planned, we could have gone and come back in that time.

The picture above is just before he decided to pee through the gate. We're going to have to burn these carpets at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment