Thursday, November 02, 2006

A music Nazi among us

Andy has turned into a music snob. What's worse is he can't explain to me what it is he hates so car rides have turned into a battle of wills with him yelling from the back seat and me trying to figure out what he's saying while trying not to kill us both. Half the time I just turn it off and listen to him yell. It's not pleasant. I'm thinking about finding a little portable CD player for him to keep in the backseat for himself. I'm not sure about letting him have earphones yet so the ones I've come across with speakers are all too big. I'll keep looking.

His latest musical preferance is for song 2 on The Lion King CD. He dances around his room and even in the car seat to it. I'll admit it's adorable to see him bobbing around and so happy. I'm surprised how many Disney audio CDs I have in my collection. I guess I am/was a bigger fan than I thought. I do like me some musical theater though.

1 comment:

  1. my Disney music collection is growing as well with motherhood :)

    as a fresh distraction yesterday I pulled out my old Fisherprice turntable (yeah, the one I grew up with and it still works) and played some old jazz records I had in the closet. Avery was facinated for a minute watching the record go round and I was so impressed with her leaving the arm alone. she scratched one time and the sound freaked her out so she was hands off after that.

    ReplyDelete