Saturday, December 06, 2008

Mundane excitement

The new washing machine arrived yesterday. It looks surprisingly...just like a washing machine. The difference is this one doesn't leak and is more energy and water efficient. The rest of it, well, eh. It was a nice Christmas present to ourselves though.

I initially really wanted one of those fancy front loaders, but the reviews from my friends and Consumer Reports was pretty mixed and for the additional $700, I wanted to get something I really loved that worked great. So instead, I have this basic white one.
The best surprise of the whole thing is the laundry room. I spent some time yesterday cleaning and organizing getting ready for the Sears guys. The result is a room that at least looks a lot bigger. I even figured out how to finally fold up the child bike trailer so I can eventually get it up into the attic.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    I recently got the same one. So far, so good.
    I guess you are a Consumer Reports shopper too.
    My mom got the fancy schmancy front loader ones and hates them. She waiting for them to die and hopes it happens before she does.
    Hanson

    ReplyDelete