Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Newbies

The summer program has started at Andy's school, meaning there were a few new kids yesterday. The new kids were scared and anxious so there were lots of tears at the morning drop off. Andy is now the big boy on campus, and proceeded to give hugs to the new kids to make them feel better. I love that he thinks hugs are the answer to life's problems. Of course, he likes to extend those hugs to tiny babies and to the cats, which is not always the best answer.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. We all have tomorrow off, but have to work Thursday so it likely won't be a super late night for us. I've been scouting around trying to find a low-key fireworks show. I figure when Andy gets older, we can trek to Fairfax High School or the National Mall for one of the big shows, but at this age, I don't think the hassle to park, take a shuttle bus and fight with thousands of other people for 20 minutes of fireworks is worth it. The hard part is trying to find a small (i.e. not very crowded) show for us to watch. I wonder if my best alternative is to buy some fireworks to set off in the street out front. I know Bjorn is always worried I will lose a hand or finger that way, but it might be my best option.

1 comment:

  1. The fireworks in South Riding are great. Definitely not crowded.

    ReplyDelete