- Operation big boy pants (i.e. potty training) has been temporarily suspended due to a sudden bout of diarrhea. Yes, it's as gross as it sounds.
- Last week, we had potty training boot camp at a friends where we let the boys run naked in the back yard for several hours. Andy did great. Then I went to another friends and he went on the carpet. We ended up having to give the boys a bath to get Andy clean.
- Is there a Hallmark card with the sentiment, "I'm sorry my kid soiled your home?"
- Andy said unbidden last week, "There is no crying in baseball." What a good boy.
- In response to me telling him he could do X, Y or Z after he did something else, he said, "No, Mommy. I'll make you a deal." I was so surprised I wanted to know what deal he would offer me. He didn't have one (and doesn't seem to quite get the phrase), but it cracked me up because I must say that a lot.
- Meg slept from 8:45 last night until 5:15 this morning.
- That would have been great if Andy wasn't up at 4:45 this morning wanting something.
- I have hurt my back, probably lifting the car seat in and out of the car and have been sleeping with a heating pad.
- Meg is smiling and talking a lot. However, I can't seem to get her to smile at the camera. It clicks just as she stops smiling. I took about 20 pictures of her after-smile this weekend.
- My tulips in the front yard are gorgeous.
- Our tax return is on its way to the IRS in Atlanta. I even went and mailed it personally at the post office to ensure it had enough postage for all 47 pages and the check.
- Bjorn is out of town until Wednesday. Boo hoo.
- I watched the E! True Hollywood Story of Owen and Luke Wilson. Who knew they grew up so close to me in Dallas?
- The laundry is totally done. And folded. And (mostly) put away. I want a medal.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Inspired by this site, here is a list of things going on around here: