Thursday, January 08, 2009

If it's not one thing, it's another

So now Andy has an ear infection. He woke up in the night Tuesday to complain that his teeth hurt. Then in the morning, he said his ear hurt. It's hard to tell if he's telling the truth or what so we sent him to school after giving him a little Tylenol, which is either necessary or just medicinal for the brain. I didn't get a call in the morning, but I went ahead and made a visit at the pediatrician's (my BFF) just in case. Sure enough, around nap time when things got quiet, they called to say he was complaining of an ear ache. I took him to the doctor's where it was revealed that he was indeed just getting an ear infection and had a sore throat. He's now on Omnicef with a good prognosis for catching the infection early. The good part is this is only his second infection since he got tubes a year ago. That's much better than all the infections he had the year before.

Do you know what's great about all this? He said his ear hurt, I listened and now he's getting treated. How novel a concept to have a kid actually tell me something was wrong and me be able to fix it. This sure beats him being cranky and me trying to figure out if he was just being a jerk or really had something wrong.

Bjorn is out of town until Saturday. He's just in Baltimore, only an hour away, and I am really contemplating going up there tomorrow night and coming back Saturday in time for gymnastics. What's holding me back is we are *just* now settling back into a sleep routine after being away so I'm hesitant to mess with what's not broken. Plus, it's not like Bjorn will be able to play with us when we're there. It's going to have to be a game-time decision.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Owen has a fever of unknown origin. Negative tests for ears, strep, rsv and flu. Good times. He's supposed to start at the JCC Monday. Oy.

    ReplyDelete