Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whiner

Bjorn's been out of town since Wednesday and I am so glad he's coming back today. It's stressful being home by myself, you know, with my own children. All two of them. I know. That's not that hard, right? For the most part, they were well-behaved and slept decently. Bjorn's mom was nice enough to bring us dinner Thursday and last night a friend invited us over for dinner at their house so it's not like I've been trapped on an island or anything. Still, I'm glad he's coming home today.

The kids continue to change, it's pretty amazing to watch them start to interact more with each other. Yesterday we had a moment that made me well up with price. Meg woke up early from her nap (frown) and Andy was taking a rare nap at the same time. After doing a bunch of stuff, I had her in my room while I folded laundry. She must have gotten bored with me because she crawled out of my room, went to Andy's door and pushed it open. Then she proceeded to climb up to the side of his bed and start jabbering with her. Andy woke up and started talking back. It was beyond adorable (and it was okay because it was already 3:40 p.m. and we had to be somewhere at 4 p.m.) I think they did that for about 15 minutes, just long enough for me to watch the end of Brothers and Sisters from Sunday.

Oh, and to totally bury the lead, Andy turns four tomorrow. WOW. I'm hosting Andy's first real birthday party tomorrow as well. It's only with six or seven friends and they're all kids of my soccer team friends. I figure this is the last year I can get away with mostly inviting my friends. Next year he'll want to invite his school buddies or other buddies, whereas this year he was just happy to have a party. I'm doing it at the local bowling alley, which should be interesting. I'll post pictures -- if we survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment