Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bjornism

I have to give Bjorn credit, he is definitely more of a half-glass full guy than a half-empty kind of guy. It's usually a good balance for me since I tend to be more cautious. Today is a perfect example.

Meg and Andy were beyond adorable after dinner as they were both in an empty diaper box "driving." I think it was a bus, but it could have been a boat. I'm not sure Andy was entirely clear. But they were playing together and laughing.

"Wow. Isn't that adorable? It's so great that they can play together a little now," I said.
"Yeah, it really is great. 'Andy, you are being a good big brother,'" said Bjorn.
"It was a long way to go for this, but I do love it."
"Are you kidding? This is worth everything."

I know, what a sweetheart.

I leave for a work trip for the weekend tomorrow. Meg has been sick this week starting with diarrhea Tuesday followed by the barfs Tuesday night into Wednesday. I was up with her Tuesday night and then Bjorn stayed home with her yesterday (again, what a good guy.) She was really whiny and sad off and on during the day (and refusing Tylenol) so it was so great when she woke up this morning much more like herself. It makes me appreciate the joy the kids were having together all the morning.

Oh, what's up with Michael Jackson today? I just have to add that my mom wins cool points for taking us to his Thriller concert at Texas Stadium back in like 1980. The killer? We had front row seats. Apparently Mom sent away by mail for the tickets from the back of a Rolling Stone magazine. Totally cool.

2 comments:

  1. Mom sent away for tickets from the back of Rolling Stone? I don't know that story. The only thing I remember of the concert is getting split up from the family and just going to sit down in my seat since I had my ticket, and everyone else was frantic searching for me. I think I was 5 or so. I don't really remember the music at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mary's getting lost and her incredible poise and savvy in finding her seat while the rest of us were frantically looking for her. She was very self-possessed, even as a small child!

    We had seats on about Row 16 - right in front of the speakers. I was deaf for a week.

    I also remember being disappointed that Michael et al didn't reprise all the cool dances that we saw of Thriller, Billie Jean and the others from the new MTV TV show.

    ReplyDelete