Friday, July 28, 2006

Bad service gene or a bad move?

So all week I've been trying to get over to check out the preschool/daycare where Andy's been accepted for the fall. The admissions lady was out all last week so we made tentative plans to get together this week. After exchanging phone calls and e-mails about trying to get together Wednesday or Friday, the correspondence trail stopped cold. Is it me? Or is this a sign that this isn't a good place for us?

Granted, I tend to get bad service everywhere I go so this is pretty typical for me (I swear it has something to do with me being short, but I digress). I had initially asked the admissions lady about coming by to check things out before committing and she acted as if that was a totally unheard of request. I love my son, but I hardly think I'm over the top with this one. When I asked my coworker who is way more anal about this stuff than me, she said that the school should have something like an evaluation day where Andy and I would come over for some time to see how we liked it. In fact, she'd even done it at this preschool before. Just last year even. I called the woman twice yesterday and e-mailed her trying to confirm a date for today; I gave her my home and cell phone numbers and my e-mail and nothing. Now I have to decide if this is a bad fit or just a bad admissions person because if they treat me like this before we even go, what does that mean about our future relationship? Grrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment