Thursday, July 20, 2006

Toughen that boy up

It's odd, I've been telling people about my trip and how Megan really was man-handling Andy and I've been surprised the number of people, especially women, who say I need to "toughen that boy up." As a joke, that's fine, but several seemed pretty serious. What, they want me to teach my son to hit girls? I figure he's got the rest of his life to be bothered by other kids taking his toys and shoving him around so if it doesn't bother him, why should have bother me or anyone else?

In other news, we went to the pool tonight and he loved it! I was rather surprised since it would figure that I didn't bother to wear a bathing suit since he never wants to get into the water. Tonight, he played in the plastic house for a couple of minutes and then was eager to get into the baby pool (after I shooed out the 4 and 5 year olds playing tag in there.) He was tentative since the water can get up to his chest, but he wanted to walk around NOT holding my hand (although that would have made me happy). He did slip once and get a face full of water. He recovered afterwards though. I had to finally take him from the pool at 7:30 p.m. screaming and trying to get out of the stroller. And it would figure that I got home to a swim diaper full of poops. Lovely. It's gross enough in a regular dry diaper, but in a wet one? Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment