Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bodily excretions

Andy came home from school last week with a new word - booger. It's not a bad word at all, it's just one I didn't expect to hear from him until, say, kindergarten. Clearly I live in a dream world. Fortunately, he's not into naming his other bodily excretions just yet, but I can see that pee and poop and the various variations (good and bad) are on the horizon for me, especially with potty training looming. Great.

I think I'm one of the few people in America that doesn't find pee and poop jokes funny, as evidenced by America's love affair with hideous Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller movies. To me, bathroom humor is just too easy. I want these folks to come up with some original material.

Meanwhile, the reign of the Special Cookies has begun in our house. When Bjorn was growing up, his grandmother in Sweden gave them "special cookies" for successfully going on the potty. Tonight, Bjorn told Andy he could have a special cookie if he successfully used it. So Andy attacked the Baby Bjorn with great gusto and actually put four drops of pee into the potty and he was justly rewarded with a cookie. He then spent the evening asking for more special cookies. Well, except when he was busy emptying out all the Q-tips and chewing off the cotton ends. I can't explain it, but I have photo evidence to post of it later.

2 comments:

  1. I don't find pee and poop jokes funny either, but I do find it funny that Andy can say booger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    Au contraire. Bathroom humor is *always* funny. It's a gender thing you will never overcome, no matter how hard you try. I recommend you OWN poop right from the start. It's less special if there's no reaction when he says it. My two cents. Now, pull my finger...
    Chris
    www.ChrisMoreau.com

    ReplyDelete