Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Field Trip

Andy had his first field trip to the National Zoo yesterday. They dressed all the kids up in cute matching green sweatshirts and drove them to the zoo. They plan was for them all to follow along holding onto a rope, but Andy refused and held Miss Diane's hand instead. I can't say I blame him based on the options. There may have been animals at the zoo, but all he can talk about is riding on the school bus. The whole ride home and evening he kept saying "bus, school bus." Did you see animals? "Yes. Bus." Did you like the zoo? "School bus." Freak.

Unfortunately, he napped on the bus on the way home and then refused to take a nap back at school spawning a series of tantrums unrivaled in our household. Liz even called me and I could barely hear her over the yelling in the background. And people say my life isn't glamorous!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:46 PM

    Tommy went to the zoo as well (same school - imagine that). I asked him what animals he saw that he liked.
    "A squirrel," he replied.
    I asked him if it was in a cage.
    "Nope."
    Any other interesting animals?
    "Just the squirrel."
    Chris
    www.ChrisMoreau.com

    ReplyDelete