Thursday, April 26, 2007

Q-tips and memories

Behold, the photo of my Q-tip chewer. He really did empty out the box of them and chew the cotton tips off a few. I'm not sure why, but he seemed rather pleased with himself.

At this age, I'm amazed at not only his language skills, but what he remembers. We went to the grocery store this week and he immediately asked for blackberries as we'd had them in the store before. I had forgotten, but he hadn't. The other night we took a walk and he pointed out all that was new - a new railing on the stairs by the pool and a net on the hoop. It amazes me to look through his eyes as I see things that I've been overlooking for years. It's pretty awesome.

In other exciting news, they're making a broadway musical of Xanadu. It's a terrible movie with no plot to speak of, but I really do like the soundtrack even though until recently I thought it was the Bee-Gees and and not ELO.

2 comments:

  1. The best part of this picture is the Dr. Spock in the foreground. Like Andy dumped and chewed all the Q-tips and wanted you to have a handy reference for how to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 PM

    He is going to KILL you for taking this picture. Nice work! Taking embarassing childhood pictures is the sign of a true mom.
    Armando

    ReplyDelete