Friday, April 20, 2007

Fungal infection

I took Andy back to the doctor today. He now is down to an ear infection in just one ear, better than two ears, but a pain that he still has one. She also looked at the mystery rash that still hasn't gone away. The latest diagnosis is that it's some type of fungal infection (i.e. yeast infection of some kind) and recommended Lotrimin. Let's hope that works. He also got some more antibiotics. This one just goes for four days (score) and is already cherry flavored (double score). Good thing I have one of those Flex accounts as I seem to be spending $60 at the pharmacy every week. I asked about tubes in his ears and she thinks he will get over this infection and then have a lot fewer ear aches over the summer. Then (hopefully) as he gets closer to three, he will have fewer infections as he gets older. Fingers crossed.

I went to the Wal-Mart pharmacy in Burke for the first time today. They couldn't have been nicer and the bonus was I got to shop for big boy sheets while I was there. I settled on a Thomas and Friends comforter and some red sheets that match so long as you don't hold them up right next to each other in good lighting. My plan is to paint his bed and bookshelf today or tomorrow and then hopefully make the big switchover. This is proving to be logistically challenging to get all the moving parts where they need to be.

Last weekend I went to BuyBuyBaby in Springfield and bought a bed rail so hopefully we have what we need for his new bed. It's a shame that store is so awful. They have a good selection, but the staff is always less than helpful (witness a line of eight people at one register and four staff standing around refusing to help). They do send a regular 20 percent off coupon, but even then their prices are way higher than other places that are closer.

1 comment:

  1. SCORE on the Thomas bedding, be glad I don't live around there, I would've beat you to it! LOL I am really excited for you and the new bed stuff, sounds like you're having fun with it. And don't worry about the ear infection thing. ALL of my kids had multiple ear infections, up until 4-5 years old.

    ReplyDelete