Thursday, June 12, 2008

The list

I lieu of a good post, here's a list of the exciting things in our world:

  • Today is Bjorn's birthday. We're nine years apart in age again after a brief two week span of only being eight years difference. That seemed like a huge gap, but now it seems pretty normal. A factor of age, I'm sure.
  • Meg is really starting to grab things. She's starting to pull a toy toward her mouth. Beyond adorable.
  • The six-year-old son of Meg's babysitter has figured out how to make her laugh on command. Also beyond adorable, except I can't replicate it at home.
  • Andy's language is getting more complex. I can't quite put my finger on it exactly, but when I picked him up yesterday, he said, "I had a pretty good day, Mommy." It just sounded so grown up.
  • His language is so mature, but he still says some little kid things, like three comes out more "th-free" and Little Einsteins is "Little Ein-tines." It's adorable and I'm already sad that he's outgrowing so many of these cutisms.
  • Andy, sadly, has also picked up saying, "Are we there yet?" And he says it over and over again.
  • We're having a few friends and family over this weekend for Meg's baptism. I sent out real, hard copy invitations. Can I tell you how few people actually bothered to RSVP? What's up with that?
  • My parents arrive tomorrow. Yay.
  • I have discovered Facebook. God help me.

4 comments:

  1. The RSVP issue bugs me. Alas. Hope that the baptism goes lovely. I completely love seeing the pictures and hearing how you guys are doing. Happy Birthday Bjorn! Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:45 PM

    I know how the RSVP thing bugs you. And I'm guilty. But we'll be there!
    Chris
    www.ChrisMoreau.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 AM

    There is a special place in hell for people who don't RSVP. You go out of your way to invite them and they are not courteous enough to say whether they can make it or not!?!

    It's not as if people need to make excuses for not coming. Just saying you can't make it but thanks for the invitation is sufficient.

    OK... rant over...

    Sharing is caring...

    Armando

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, you're the only one with a good excuse [http://www.chrismoreau.com/].

    ReplyDelete