Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Figures

As you may recall, we decided for our anniversary to splurge and get new windows for the upstairs. I had initially wanted a new washer and dryer, but it made sense to go with the windows and put off the appliances since they weren't broken, they just seemed to take a long time. Well, cue to this evening. I was doing a load of laundry only to notice it spewing water from underneath it mid-cycle. Fortunately, we have a cement basement floor so the water just ran off into the nearby drain, but this indicates that we will have to replace the washer after all. Guess what we've giving ourselves for Christmas? And to think people say old marrieds are boring.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we're all very excited. Bjorn and his mother are preparing a feast for 11 and I plan to get the place picked up and presentable before 3 p.m. showtime. I do like hosting the holiday events here. With Meg being so little, it's just so much easier to have all my stuff nearby and not have to spend the whole time defending against her pulling down something terribly heavy heirloom that will not only break, but also crack her skull. I know, I'm funny like that. We have a lot to be thankful for this year, including family willing to accommodate us.

I'm very excited about Christmas in Dallas that is only, gasp, three weeks away. I'm a little nervous about how we're going to cram the children onto a plan, much less all our stuff and presents. I keep noodling various plans about which car seat and stroller combination to bring and sadly, nothing so far stands out as the clean winner. Andy will be fairly low maintenance so long as the DVD player battery holds (note to self: must check that) and the flight attendants deliver juice and soda, but Meg is an entirely different animal who thus far cannot exactly be reasoned with.

No comments:

Post a Comment