Friday, March 16, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year

This weekend is perhaps my favorite weekend of the year. Better than Thanksgiving and better than Christmas in that it's all fun with no work. That's right - I'm talking about March Madness, the NCAA basketball tournament. I love this weekend because the games are on seemingly 24/7 and at this stage, all my hideous brackets in the various pools are still viable. Come Monday, it will be totally obvious that I have no idea what I'm doing. "UCLA winning it all? Hahahaha. Crazy lady. Hand over your $5." But today, I'm still in the hunt. I tried a new strategy for losing all my money this year. I'll let you know if it works.

This weekend is also great because my folks are visiting from Dallas so we've been getting in some good time together. Initial plans when it was going to be 70 and sunny this week were to hit the zoo. Then Washington decided to get a freakish March snow/sleet storm so Mom and I hit the mall today instead. Hopefully the weather will improve and we can do something fun the rest of the weekend.

Andy also managed to pick up a cold this week. They called Thursday to tell me to come get him from school as he was running a fever. D'oh. I hate those calls. True, we noticed he had some sniffles in the morning, but it didn't seem like it was more than seasonal allergies until I picked him up and he was warm and sleepy. Poor guy came home, went to bed at 5 p.m. and slept until 7:30 p.m. when I woke him up for a quick dinner. He then went back to sleep about 8:30 p.m. and slept until 4:45 a.m. when he woke us up shouting, "Daddy! Daddy!" from his room. I'm clearly not the favored parent at the moment, but at 4:45 a.m., that's really okay with me. After a quick book and some water, Andy went back to sleep until 7:30 or so. Of course, Andy has a party tomorrow. It's a "Young Gentleman's Luncheon" to be exact. I hope he's well mostly because I want to find out what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment