Saturday, March 03, 2007

Your a bad speller

This week, Andy and I were making a thank you card for his babysitter. We did some drawing and were putting stickers on it when I noticed a sticker in the bunch that said "Your a winner." Seriously? The people who make children's educational products can't be bothered to proofread their stuff? That kind of stuff makes me crazy. I'm not sure where the stickers came from (I think they were left from our play date with the girls last week) so I can't return it to the store. I also looked on them to see if there was a manufacturer name on there for me to send a complaint, but there wasn't anything. Lucky for them.

This kind of stuff really makes me crazy. How can we expect children to learn to read and write well if the stuff we use to teach them is incorrect? My biggest pet peeve is things misspelled to be cute, it's like getting young actors to have a cute lisp.

Speaking of spelling errors, my friend Viv is a realtor and comes across misspellings in listings all the time. She's now started her own blog to chronicle "remodelated" homes with "commodius rooms." Take a look and send her your own.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    Speling shud be a no-braner sinse Anglish is yer muther tung.

    Chris Moreau (or is it Kris Muhro?)

    ReplyDelete