Monday, March 05, 2007

Night night animals

A couple times last week, I woke up to hear Andy telling his dogs that he sleeps with to, "Wake up, dogs. Wake up." He did the same thing to his Thomas train that I had put under the covers on the chair next to his crib the night before as I tried to convince him that Thomas was going to bed, too. After that, I made a little spot next to his bed and we made a bed for all his stuffed animals. Now before he goes to bed, we make a point to kiss a few of them good night and then cover them with a blanket. Fortunately, right now he's only interested in a couple of them. Should he want to put all 15 stuffed toys to bed, it could take all evening. He also makes a point in the morning of going over to wake them up and pull their covers off. It's amazing how his little imagination works sometimes.

Day two at school was today and it went fine, I think. He was having so much fun playing with his toys that it took 10 minutes of me trying to coax him to put on his jacket and 10 seconds of his teacher telling him before he'd agree to leave them and come with me. I take that as a good sign. Some of the day to day stuff is going to take some getting used to. Like his teacher before would have him dressed and ready for me, now I need to go in and lure him away from what he's playing with. On the one hand, I like interacting with him at school and see what he's been doing and talking to his teachers. On the other hand, the new way takes a lot longer to disengage at the end of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Jack LOVES to put his toys to bed and tell them to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:25 PM

    Just wait 'til it gets warm and you have to pull him off the playground at the top of the hill. Grasshopper Green has an awesome playground...
    Chris

    ReplyDelete