Tuesday, May 08, 2007

All wired up and no place to go

I've finally gotten around to downloading the pictures from the weekend. This is a cute one of the show. Too bad I managed to make sure you can't actually see Andy. In case you're wondering, he's on the far right, back row behind the girl in pink. If you look closely, you can see his shoes and elbow. I'd say that's fine photography if you ask me.

The funny thing about our journey downtown was immediately after getting on the metro, I noticed Andy had a dirty diaper. I am so over changing diapers in public, but obviously this one couldn't wait until we got home. Once in town, I stopped in the Starbucks on K St. Inexplicably, they only had one key to the bathroom and that key was locked inside it. Geniuses and less than friendly at that. I traipsed uptown and stopped in the Caribou Coffee up on 17th St. It's beautiful, nice and new with a changing table and everything in the bathroom.

To say thanks, I was going to buy a cup of coffee. I'd already had two cups of regular so decaf was in order at this point. Turns out, they don't sell decaf on Saturdays. I know! How bizarre is that. I could see there being less demand, but I imagine not everyone wants full strength - I know several that mix half regular/half decaf and plenty of people who like coffee, but not the caffeine. The guys behind the counter were super nice about it, but how bizarre. It's been three days and it's still on my mind.

1 comment: