Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Eureka

Well bust my buffers (as Thomas the Tank Engine would say), Pampers is coming out with size 7 diapers. It's about darn time. As you may remember from my earlier rant, the size 6 diapers aren't big enough for Andy overnight and they only make overnight diapers overnight.

Funny, when I heard about this from an anonymous post, I promptly Googled it to find out that my information was correct. I also found some interesting rants from parents alleging the diaper industry is shrinking their product and bumping up the sizes to sell more diapers. I love the conspiracy theory angle - that Pampers, Luvs and Huggies are colluding to deceive consumers. I do think the sizing is wonky. Andy is barely 30 pounds and the size 6 diapers allegedly start at 35 pounds so in theory he should be fine in these until he hits 35 pounds or potty trains. That said, I don't believe some criminal mastermind out there is out to really manipulate the market. Or are those folks at Proctor and Gamble smarter than I think?

Meanwhile, have I bragged lately about how much I love the Fairfax County Public Library? Simply awesome. I went today and checked out a Thomas DVD. I saw that it has a 7 day rental and since we're out of town next week, I ask about renewing it. She went ahead and bumped up the return date to after our trip to Dallas. How cool was that? Now we have the perfect video to watch on the plane. Andy will be thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, but can you buy a latte in your library?

    ReplyDelete