Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The mysterious fever

Andy still had his mysterious fever today so I took the day off to stay home. The good part was except for the fever and an occasional cough or drip of his nose, he was in good spirits and generally pleasant to be around. Cooped up with a sad and miserable kid is not as enjoyable. I did call the doctor's who said that a fever of 5 to 7 days is when it's time for a visit. That works fine since I have to take him back on Friday for to see if the ear infection has finally left us. Fingers crossed. It seems he's had a new antibiotic ever week this winter/spring.

After the morning, it was obvious he was bored with me. He kept asking to go to the library or to the store or frankly anywhere other than where we were. Later on when I asked him if he wanted to go to school tomorrow, his face lit up and said, "Yeah" quite enthusiastically. He probably won't feel that way tomorrow morning when it counts, unfortunately. The little bugger is really learning there, which is good since that's the point. He's fascinated by shapes, especially triangles, and makes a point to show us when he seems them.

This Friday we've been invited to go to the Orioles-Indians game at Camden Yards in Baltimore. I haven't been to an O's game in years, even before the Nationals came to Washington. Bjorn has meetings in Maryland so I'm trying to figure out how to take the train from Union Station to the game and then catch a ride back with him. I know Andy will love riding the trains. What stinks is we don't have a Metro really anywhere close by. We do have a VRE commuter rail station quite close, but I checked and it doesn't really run regularly in the afternoons into the city, rather it just runs outbound. We'll figure it out, but I know Andy is going to love the adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your little man is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete