Thursday, August 02, 2007

The deathy hallows

I've been really busy this week - reading the 7th Harry Potter book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Not to worry, no spoilers here. Overall, I liked it. It had a surprising and satisfying ending. My only complaint was that it was really long. There were probably 200-300 pages in the middle that probably could have been cut in half and still told the same story.

Funny, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get a copy, but I just walked into Borders last week and bought one on sale for 40 percent off (still $20 for a hardback, but better than $34). They seemed to have hundreds of copies. By next week, they'll probably be selling them for $10.

The good news is that I'm done with it now so I don't have to worry that someone will accidentally tell me the ending. The only problem is now that I'm done, I need to find another good book. The history of Texas book I've been reading is good, but it's hardly the same kind of page turner.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    Just finished a couple of good ones - - try "The Myth of You and Me" - - story of friendship et al. Just also finished "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" and "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" - - both also worth the read. Will start packing for the London move tomorrow, so no more reading for a while!
    Love to all,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete