Monday, August 27, 2007

We've arrived


Andy and I are back after our whirlwind weekend trip to Dallas. It was a lot of time in transit and no time to contact old friends (sorry Susan!), but fortunately the weather cooperated and American Airlines treated us fine. The only thing negative really was I noticed getting off the plane in Dallas that the other passengers were courteous to the woman traveling with a small child and offered to help me get into the aisle and help with my bags. On the way back, I was practically trampled trying to get into the aisle once we landed at Dulles. In fact, I had even waited 4-5 minutes after my aisle had left waiting for a calm opportunity to launch ourselves into the fray. I put Andy in the aisle and proceeded to grab my bag to have a woman snidely say, "Excuse me" and try to get past me in the two foot aisle. Nice.

Andy had a great time seeing my family, especially his cousin Megan. He even liked seeing my new niece "baby Emma" even if he did complain that she cried occasionally. My folks have inherited some great kids toys from friends with older children and grandchildren. The hit of the weekend was a train table complete with some trains and Matchbox cars that the kids eagerly played with. We also went to the pool and Andy even swam in the "big pool" and didn't freak out (he's not especially enamored of the deep water). There was also lots of book reading by Grandmother and Pop, which both Andy and Megan adored. In between it all, we even managed to get a couple hands of bridge in.

Unfortunately, Andy and I have both come home with colds and Andy even has a light fever. Yuck. I'm looking forward to the three day Labor Day weekend to recover from my vacation!

1 comment: