Sunday, August 19, 2007

New bed





The bed Andy's been sleeping on the past six months was actually a hand-me-down from my friend Liz. I think it might have been hers growing up. We have loved it and used it off and on as either a primary bed or a guest bed. For Andy, I tried to spruce it up by painting it white, but I did a terrible job and it has been really bothering me. I had been doing some research and found a cool loft-esque bed that we finally settled on and bought today. The cool thing about it is it's a low bed or a high bed. For now, it will be a low bed with the fun tent over it. When he gets older, we can flip it over and create a little play area underneath.

Bjorn was a champ and put the whole thing together mostly by himself over what seemed like three hours. In the excitement coming home from Ikea, I suggested we install it immediately, thinking it wouldn't take longer than an hour. But about the hour and half mark, Andy actually cried, "I'm tired," so I put him to sleep in my bed where he actually went to sleep.

Afterwards, it was late so I just carried Andy into his new bed. I tried to talk to him and let him know about his new bed and not be scared, but he refused to budge. Fingers crossed the night is uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment