Friday, November 04, 2005

Another one

Another mom announced her pregnancy today at playgroup. I must be the only one not jumping down that path to have three out of our regular 10-15 women is a fairly high proportion, at least it seems that way to me. Granted, it's not like we're all 25 or something. Everyone is well into their 30s and many were career women before having this kid so at least one said she's hoping to have two kids two years so she can go back to work once they're in preschool.

I drove by a couple of daycares on my way home. Both came highly recommended. A Child's Place is right across from where my new office will be. I dropped in and said I'd like to sign up for a tour and the woman could not have been a bigger bitch, "Uh, we schedule tours a month out adn we're not even accepting any new children's until October." I said that was fine and she begrudgingly signed me up for a tour. What the hell is that all about? I also stopped by the Merritt Academy. Interestingly, it's affiliated with a Sunrise Assisted Living Center, which is actually a pretty smart idea. It's a real school and they were very professional and very nice. My brother-in-law's cousin's kids go there so I've heard good things about it. We're taking a tour there next week. They said they didn't forsee openings until August. It can't hurt to look. I've heard some people are already getting on wait lists for preschools so if that's what these turn out to be more so than infant care, that would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment