Thursday, November 03, 2005

Kindercare

We took a tour of the Kindercare today. The director was very nice. I met the two of the teachers for the 12-18 month room. It was rather amusing to see these kids sitting in chairs to eat lunch. They were cute little chairs. Lots and lots of toys, too, and they have a separate playground for the toddlers so they don't play with the bigger kids. I really liked one of the teachers, a nice Korean lady. The other one wasn't very engaging. It was fine. They have things I like, like playtime outside, lots of toys, more of a set teaching program. The main thing I didn't like (and I know this sounds weird) is they never turn the lights off for nap time. I ended up going into the office later and asked a friend about that and she said that her daughter's daycare does turn out the lights so she thought it weird that they didn't. Oh well. It was nice to check it out. I'm not sure it's top of my list so we'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment