Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dots

It turns out Andy isn't calling stars "dots," rather he's pointing the outside saying "dark" it just happens to come out "dah-tks." He wanted me to personally let everyone know that.

I took Betsy's advice and made a visit to Tree Top Kids where we got to check out a train table set up with an awesome track and probably 15 trains. Andy loved it, which gave me some time to shop. The Ikea tracks I have are compatible with Thomas and Melissa and Doug so I bought a couple extra pieces from Melissa and Doug (some switch pieces so I, er, he can have more than one track). I also wanted to get him a few trains. Then I realized trains each cost like $12 for a little piece of wood. They did have the Byron (see right) that naturally I had to get for him. (Shhh...my dad might end up with one for his birthday, too). Once we got home, he chased Bjorn around with it in the package saying "open, open" so we went ahead and let him play with it. He'll be even more delighted when he sees what it goes with.
As for Thomas, checking online it seems a lot of the trains are cheaper if I were to order from Amazon so I have a feeling that's where I'll be going in the future. As for Tree Top, totally a cool store. The folks there were very nice and when Andy made signs of never leaving, they kindly flipped the lights off and on and said they were closing so he'd get the hint. That didn't stop some loud protesting, but I think it may have muted it a bit.

1 comment: