Monday, January 01, 2007

Let the embarassment begin

Our friends invited us over for a kid-friendly New Year's Eve. It was hysterical to see the kids, most of whom go to bed at 8 or 9, start to get super hyper as the evening wore on. We didn't stick around to midnight, mostly because my stomach still hurts and I was tired of having to tame it while out. The funniest was when Andy and Mia starting hiding in a closet. She had been trying to be friendly all night, wanting to hold his hand (he had her on "ignore" as her father said) and kindly offer him snacks. During the closet game, we started joking about kissing and then they did pose for us a few pecks. Just hysterical to watch and the adult jokes did abound, as you can imagine.


Oh, and if you're wondering why the kids are wet, we'd had them on the back porch lighting sparklers in the rain. The kids loved the sparklers and were careful not to burn themselves (or us). I loved that I finally got them out of my house. I think I bought them when we moved here in 2003. I was surprised they were still sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment