Monday, January 29, 2007

The Girlfriend's Guide

The Bible among expecting mothers these days is not the boring "What to Expect When You're Expecting," but Vicki Iovine's awesome "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy." It's witty, it's relevant and it is reassuring without being patronizing. That's saying something - most of the pregnancy books for new moms tend to err on the side of you being clueless. I just got all my pregnancy books back from a friend to lend to a woman in my office expecting her first. I gave her the original and I also wanted to send her a link to the updated version. During my search I was surprised to realize she was also a Playboy model. Really? Having read four of her books now, I don't think that's something I would have guessed. I don't think law school graduate either, but that seems less strange. I don't know - after reading how and why she ended up in Playboy in the first place, I think I might like her even better. She definitely bumped herself up a couple of notches on my list of famous people who are funny and interesting who I might actually want to have dinner with someday.

1 comment:

  1. man, I thought the link was going to lead me to her playboy picts. lol

    nothing like showing up for an interview in a bikini :)

    ReplyDelete