Monday, January 15, 2007

Numbers

Andy is fascinated by numbers. Unfortunately, at this point he doesn't know one from nine. It's quite funny. On our walks, he sees street numbers on mailboxes and houses and proudly tells me that 5105 is nine-ten-four-three. I cheer and say good job and try to repeat what is really is. He's also bugging Bjorn about the digital clock and again proudly naming the numbers. He's also shocked - shocked! - when the clock advances a minute. He sits breathlessly waiting for it to change and then is thrilled when it does. We've also been practicing with colors. In the car, he's learning that red light means stop and green light means goooo (with much enthusiasm). He doesn't always get it right, but today he was more often right than not. I just need to remind myself to trust the light and not the backseat driver or I might find myself in an accident.

Bjorn, Andy and I are off to California on Wednesday. I have a work event and the boys are going to visit Bjorn's brother and his family out in Los Angeles. As awesome as it is having them with me, it's always nervewracking trying to make sure I'm doing right by everyone and getting all my work done. Fortunately, this isn't as busy as our big meeting was in November and with any luck, I might get to see some of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment