Friday, February 23, 2007

Date night

A friend came over a couple of weeks ago with her two girls. Andy and Molly had a ball sitting at the small table in the living room having a tea party, where they poured imaginary tea and practiced putting pasta in different bowls and glasses. It was really a hoot to watch the interaction. Later on, we served them grilled cheese sandwiches, grapes and juice boxes at the table. I think it was his first date.
I went by Andy's new school today to drop off some more paperwork and basically give me an excuse to check in again. The teachers are more familiar now as are a few of the kids. Andy marched right in like he'd been there for ages. After a bit, the teachers suggested I leave him for a little bit so I ran to the grocery store and shopped - unencumbered, which was great - while he stayed and played. I told him I was leaving and he sort of waved without taking his eyes off the toys. I was back within about half and hour and they said he did great and was participating. I am hoping this bodes well for the big transition next Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, how cute are Andy and Molly! I also really like that table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table is on loan from a coworker. It rocks!

    ReplyDelete