Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My son, the cat

Andy has decided he's a cat. That's right, at various times of the day he likes to drop to all four and start meowing. At that point, he's to be treated like a cat, meaning he must be petted on the head and his meowing praised. When he's acting as a cat, he likes to get down and crawl around on all fours, especially weaving in and out of the dining room chairs. It's adorable. Tonight though, he wanted to not only be a cat, but be a cat carried around like a baby. I can't explain what he was thinking, but it was really funny to be carrying him around in my arms while he meowed.

The other thing he's doing lately is specifically asking for Doris our next door neighbor. Last night he was irate with me that I wouldn't take him over. Tonight I did and I figured out his obsession - she give him lollipops. What a brilliant grandmother move - bribe children into loving you! I also am realizing I need to teach him to call her Miss Doris. I prefer the last names generally, but I think forcing him to call her Mrs. Something is going to be confusing. Well, mostly because I'm not exactly sure of her last night either.

No comments:

Post a Comment