Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mark your calendar

Baby Meg slept six hours at a stretch last night, from about 10 p.m. to about 4 a.m. I wish I knew what trick it was other than having the whole family around and lots of activities. She's been sleeping in the pack and play in the room next to mine, connected by a bathroom. She's a noisy sleeper so it's better for me to have her in the next room so that I only hear her when she really needs me. The bonus is that room is right next to my parents' so my mother has been kind enough to be getting up for feedings as well.

The only downside is that Andy is sleeping in the room with me. He's in a crib (his choice) and it's easier to have him with me than worry Meg will wake him when she gets up, but it's taking him forever to wind down from the day so bedtime and nap time are quite a chore. Who knew I'd be worried about the three year old sleeping rather than the baby?

We've been in town a week now. It's been great to have such a long visit. My family has been incredibly hospitable and accommodating, but it will be nice get back to Bjorn as well as my own stuff and semblance of routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment