Wednesday, March 05, 2008

What the?

Andy has fallen out of bed twice in the past week. Since we got the new bed last spring/summer, he fell out of bed maybe once or twice in the very beginning. Now months and months later, twice in a week. What's what all about? We wake up to a thud, followed by crying. He's usually more scared than hurt and can quickly settle back down once he's lifted back into bed (which is much easier for Bjorn since the kid weighs nearly 35 pounds now). He also doesn't remember it in the morning.

After he goes to bed, I usually go in and check on him and make sure his "gate" of pillows is lined up on the edge of the bed and that he's tucked in and off the edge. The kid must be discovering sleep walking or something though because the last few weeks I sometimes find him half hanging off the edge as if he started to go somewhere and fell asleep. Very strange. I still have the guard rail in the closet that we had on his old bed, but with the configuration of new bed with the top and all, that would mean the only way to get in and out would be at the foot of the bed. I may give this another few days/week and then reassess. Between the two kids waking up in the night and Mark coming home at random hours, I am starting to think it will be 2010 before I get a decent night's sleep.

I know I'm tired when I wake up thinking, "Great. Just 14 hours until bedtime. And 38 hours until Maria comes. To make matters worse (or better?), I am returning to indoor soccer tonight. It is not going to be pretty. I run the way Elaine on Sienfeld dances right now. I have a feeling mocking and/or vomiting may ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment