Sunday, March 16, 2008

Tia trip

My sister Mary has been visiting this week. Andy has loved having his Tia around and it's been great for me, too (Meg hasn't noticed really, I believe). The plan was originally to drive up and go skiing in Pennsylvania, but a warm winter combined with an early spring meant that the slopes were barely covered in snow, less than ideal for skiing and tubing so we've had to settle for more local entertainment, like shopping, the zoo, the Smithsonian and the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

Meanwhile, the NCAA basketball tournament starts Thursday and since I'm not working at the moment, I haven't found a March Madness pool to waste my $10. If you know of one, let me know. Next weekend is my favorite weekend of the year. There are games on all day, they're exciting with lots of upsets and it's not until the end of the weekend that I realize I'm totally out of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment