Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Blogging pays off

In response to my rant du jour on Sunday that got me links on awesome DC Blogs and Wonkette sites, I got a nice call at home from Elise Robinson at US Airways corporate communications headquarters in Arizona. She had read the blog (and threw in some nice comments about how adorable my kid is), apologized for the inconvenience and offered to send me a $200 travel voucher. I'm still pretty worked up about the whole thing, but their attention is making me feel the love. I still doubt I'll purposely choose to fly them again if other options exist only because I think the management issues they have at Reagan National have a long way to go before being fixed, but I am softening a bit. What can I say, I'm easy.

In other news, my darling husband turned a year older today. I'd like to say he doesn't look a day older than when we met in 1994, but he wouldn't believe it and frankly neither would I. He's still a good guy and a great dad, you just have if you just ignore him when he talks about politics.

Picture is of Bjorn, Vicki and Christian, who also had a birthday this month. For you old timers, this is the same Nosering Christian who is also a Gemini and the reason we started our annual June birthday bash that's next weekend. The event was supposed to alternate between our place and his, but then we got married, sold out and moved to the suburbs and that was the end of the tradition.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Andy is pretty darned cute. They can't help but notice that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice to see a fellow hack ;-) I've linked you to my page and hope we'll keep in touch.

    Way to go with this win!

    Andy IS cute =) You've got to share with me how he sits so co-operatively at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Hey! Happy Birthday to Bjorn and Christian from the Fatherland. WOW! Christian sure looks different to me - - but the nosering brings it all home. Great to see VB in the photo! Congrats to Mark on the big event. A real thrill to have received the announcement...We are off to London over the summer, as it is time to change country again. Been here 2.5 years and that's enough FF for us. So long weiner schnitzle - - hello indian food...
    w

    ReplyDelete