Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The strange behavior of toddlers

Good news, Andy did not have to go to time out yesterday for throwing rocks. Rather, his odd behavior of the day was taking off his shoes and socks on the playground (at least three times) and insisting on filling them with rocks and sticks. When I picked him up, he was filthy dirty. It was hot outside anyway and he was covered in dirt. Apparently he'd also been rolling around on the ground. When I finally got him in the bath, I put shampoo in his hair and watched the brown wash off him.

Funny, when he was a baby I was so diligent about making sure he got a bath every day. Now life is so busy (and he's so opinionated) that I don't always get to and it's clear that now he's actually getting dirty, not just needing to be spritzed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment