Friday, June 08, 2007

Oh the drama

Whoever said boys aren't drama queens hasn't been living in my house with my boys, especially with summer, graduation and the senior prom approaching. The biggest drama-lover of the bunch though is the 2 1/2 year old. He has moved from simply wanting things to unequivocably needing them. Witness this morning as I'm making pancakes:

"Mommy, I need some candy."

"No, Andy, no candy. Come help me make pancakes."

"No, Mommy. I need candy. I need it!"

"Sorry, only pancakes."

pause

"Then I need cookies, Mommy. Cookies. I need cookies."
And they say girls are dramatic.
-
The picture is of Andy at the DCC (with me looking on somewhat disapprovingly) as he proceeds to eat a cupcake, icing first. Meanwhile, keep your fingers and toes crossed for my friend Laura who is in labor with baby number one. Here's to another Dobbs Hall baby!
-
Edited to add that Owen Whalen was born Friday night. Congratulations to the happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment