Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Phew

It's been a busy few weeks. We've had lots of travel, lots of birthdays, (as well as Mother's and Father's days), a high school graduation and a huge party. It was all great, but I'm sure glad it's over. Our party was Saturday and I think we had 100 people. We had chicken wings, chicken strips and buffalo chicken things from Buffalo Wing University in honor of Mark's graduation and almost every morsel was eaten by the end of the day. We also nearly finished off the keg of Yeungling. Good stuff. I had hesitated on getting a keg since we're clearly not 22 any longer, but it really did make it easier to clean up afterwards since we could throw away the cups and not all the bottles.

Andy had a blast. He played so hard that by 8:30 p.m., about his normal bedtime, he was so tired he was crying because he simply couldn't keep his eyes open. The good part about having the party here was we were able to put him down and go back to party with the stragglers that stayed to help finish the beer.

All in all it was a great time, but I am wondering about maybe having smaller get togethers throughout the year and not a huge mass like this. It's just so chaotic that I didn't really get to visit with some people I would have really liked to talk to more. Such is life, I suppose.

And to wrap things up from the U.S. Airways saga, I got a nice note from Elise Robinson along with a $200 voucher and a cute kid's hat. I have a year to use the voucher so I doubt I will because $200 isn't enough to cover a flight to Dallas or anywhere else I would normally go. And if I'm flying for work, I'm flying a different airline because I really have to be there on schedule. It's also non-transferable so I can't give it away. Oh well. The hat was a nice touch though.

No comments:

Post a Comment