Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mark your calendars

It's official - Andy can open doorknobs. His days of quietly staying in his room until we come to get him are over, I'm afraid. He's been able to open doors for a while, but I think it had never really occurred to me to get up and out on his own. He's been getting until fairly early, like 6:45 a.m., all week and yesterday he didn't like waiting for us so he just got up, opened the door and came into our room on his own. Today he waited for Bjorn, but I have a feeling he's not going to be content staying in there for long.

I need to get out and those door locks, but even that is short-lived as sooner or later, he'll be potty training and need to be able to get up in the night. Sigh. He really is growing up, isn't he?

Meanwhile, for all you other Thomas lovers out there, they have issued a recall of some of the red trains because the paint is toxic. Take a look here. Fortunately, I don't think we have any of these (for once, it pays off that I have restrained myself from getting the whole set!)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Why don't you chain him to the bed like you told us your mom used to do until you graduated high school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 PM

    And was there no other news today worth reporting? How did you spend your morning? Are there some pictures?

    ReplyDelete