Thursday, June 28, 2007

That not pizza, Mommy

Bjorn's out of town right now. He's flown to Kings Bay, Georgia, to the Naval Submarine Base where he's going to watch one of his friends take command of a submarine. Big stuff. I thought about going, but we don't really have a good set up for someone to watch Andy overnight and it didn't make sense to drag him 10 hours to be cranky.

When Bjorn's out of town, I like to do something fun with Andy to make it our special time. I asked on the way home what he wanted for dinner and over and over again, he said he wanted pizza. I was game for that so we stopped by the friendly Pizza Hut over in Twinbrook Shopping Center. I can't say I'd ever been there before, but hey, having a kid means I visit lots of these family dining establishments that I've been driving past and ignoring all these years.

We ordered the two person special that comes with two drinks, a medium pizza, bread sticks and two salads. Andy is clearly my son - he loved the croutons on the salad. He liked the bread sticks okay, but then the pizza came and the whole thing confused him. He kept asking where the pizza was and seemed confused that we already had the pizza. Granted, he don't eat a lot of pizza in our house, but he's certainly had it before so I wonder what in the world he thinks pizza is if it's not that?

Meanwhile, the dirt king continues to come from school dirtier and dirtier every day. Today, he had dirt all in his hairline, eyes and face. Apparently he'd been in the log cabin on the playground enjoying pouring gravel on his head. He sounded pretty happy about it actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment