Monday, September 17, 2007

It's a....

girl! We went for the big sonogram (ultrasound?) today and the baby is healthy, measuring as it's supposed to and almost certainly a girl. The technology was amazing -- they were able to see the four chambers of the heart beating, the spine, the hemispheres of the brain and even fingers and toes (at one point, she was even waving to us, or flipping us off for waking her up, one or the other). They were even able to tell the direction of the fluid flowing into and out of the umbilical cord and bladder to see that things looked as they should, which was a great relief. The tech even got a fabulous crotch shot of the baby and confirmed not on the absence of male genitalia, but could even identify the labia. Rather amazing for a person that barely weighs 12 ounces.

This further confirms my suspicion that the baby has been secretly trying to poison me with all her estrogen over the past 4 1/2 months, which is the reason I've been so nauseated for so long. Now if only there were a way to let her know that if she makes the next 4 1/2 months relatively pleasant, there will be lots of treats on the other end for her. I'm not above a little bribery here.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Now you have an excuse to buy all new clothes! I just bought some cute things today--it's hard to resist, even though I know he'll outgrow them in just a few short months.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm a relatively new reader of your blog, though the news still made me smile. Will there be a "NameTBDland.blogspot.com?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok now for sure you have to name her jamie...then your kids can be just like me and my brother (andy).

    i'm going to lobby hard for this one, bennett.

    ReplyDelete