Saturday, September 22, 2007

Whining and crying

Andy is really starting to perfect the temper tantrum. Worst of all, he's now throwing them about totally stupid things, like when he breathlessly shouts through tears, "I...don't...want...the...monkey...cup!" Yes, folks, the thought of the monkey cup over the Sponge Bob cup is worthy of 20 minutes of tears. I'm doing my best to ignore it when possible, put him on the time out step when it seems appropriate and try to keep my wits about me when he manages to push my buttons...just right.

Course, the bugger will be obnoxious for an entire day and then it comes bedtime and he comes at me wanting more hugs and I just melt.

We've been talking to Andy a little about the new baby. The only concept that has seemed to stick is that sometime around his birthday, we'll get a new baby from the hospital that will come home to live with us. So now he keeps saying, "I'm getting a baby for my birthday." Not quite right, but he's thinking about it.

I'm still on the hunt for decent maternity clothes. I have had some luck with cute pants from Target and Gap Maternity. What I'm struggling with now is tops that are at least semi-work appropriate. I have started branching out to look in the Women's sections for some stuff. It's not quite right, but there seems to be a much larger selection of better items there sometimes than in the maternity section. At least it's getting cooler so I can start layering and wearing sweaters. Sigh. Is it February yet?

3 comments:

  1. It is too cute that Andy thinks he's getting a baby for his birthday.

    And I'm not looking forward to the day that Jack starts the tantrums. Although, I CAN see how the Spongebob cup is WAY better than a monkey cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:00 AM

    I just got a flyer from Ann Taylor Loft that says they have a maternity line of clothes now. Well, they're 13 months late for me, but you may want to check them out for work-appropriate clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats. I checked out Ann Taylor Loft and they don't sell maternity clothes in any of the stores here. For the rest of my life, I love to order online, but the return policies for maternity wear is so terrible that if it doesn't fit, you're pretty much stuck.

    ReplyDelete