Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ugh!

As if the regular "morning sickness" that still seems to hit me every few days wasn't enough, now I have a stomach bug adding to the mix. It started Sunday morning and has been going through today. My doctor prescribed Zofran, an anti-nausea medicine, to help stop the vomiting, but now it has pushed all the problems, er, lower. I called in sick today and yesterday - the first time since Andy was born that I've called in sick for just myself. He went to school like a good boy and I've been home trying to sleep. Unfortunately, it's tough to get a good rest when I'm up every hour or so.

Andy has been a precious darling though. When I was sick on Sunday, he offered to get me a band-aid. "You sick, Mommy? You need a ban-baid?" is that adorable kid way. He genuinely seemed sympathetic which was sweet to hear as well.

I went to the doctor today and the good news is everything is fine with the baby. I just need to let this, "run it's course," which is not what I want to hear after three long days and nights of this. Fingers crossed that running it's course actually means immediately. She did weigh me when I was there and was pleased that I haven't lost weight. I was stunned at the number (which I won't tell you) because I swear I have lost weight the last few days. Imagine how high the number would have been otherwise? Scary. Still, I'd take the weight gain over this bullshit.

Also annoying is the "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book. I have generally found it informative if a little bland, but in this case, they have a whole section on coping with food poisoning/stomach bug and cap it off with something about how if I would just eat better, I could avoid it. I loathe hearing "I told you so" anyway and this seemed particularly annoying on a sick stomach. There is also a part about stretch marks that I came across that got me riled up. It said if you eat right, you won't get them. Horseshit. And a nice way to make folks feel bad that they're getting them because of something they ate.

Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I got the flu when I was pregnant, and it was a while before I figured out that I was actually sick, not just pregnant. Also, the What To Worry About When You're Expecting people can suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The What to Expect people are just so, so patronizing somehow.

    ReplyDelete