Saturday, September 29, 2007

Potty training procrastination

This potty training business sure takes a while. The frustrating thing for me is now that he's got the idea of it, he wants to try to go all the time. But he doesn't really have to go, is the problem. He just likes the extra attention and excitement that comes with it. What's frustrating for me is telling the difference between the 40th time he has said he wants to sit on the potty only to get there and spend more time running around and doing anything but sitting on the potty and the time that he plans to sit down and get to business. I imagine this is a learning process for both of us, but could we speed up the learning curve already? I know the 20-30 minutes I spend trying to get him to be serious about this will eventually pay off, but in a hurry, I can change a diaper and get moving in five minutes without all the hassle.


In fun development news, Andy's imagination is really taking off. We now spend a lot of time handing each other make-believe food from his kitchen and other things. Whereas six months ago he would have been frustrated not to have the physical, now he seems to relish in the game of handing me green pancakes and other strange things that he thinks of.



In not so fun development news, I fear the afternoon nap is on the way out. It stinks because at this stage in my pregnancy (or heck, anytime for me really), I can really use the nap and the break. But lately, the nap is shorter if it happens and occasionally not at all. The hard part is knowing which day will be which since some days when it seems he really needs the nap, he rallies, but not so much on other days.

Note: I was trying to upload a video of Andy trying to use his potty because it's just so darn funny, but the Blogger video upload feature isn't working so you'll have to settle for this picture of a cow my sister picked up at a veterinary conference that is now a regular in our bathtub.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    That is an awful cute cow, and I'm glad he is getting good use out of it!

    ReplyDelete