Saturday, February 07, 2009

Bizarre but true

We had a nice day yesterday. After the doctor's visit, we met friends at the Hidden Pond Nature Center in Burke/Springfield and had lunch at Einstein's bagels. I took the kids home for a nap. Andy doesn't really nap regularly anymore, but depending on his mood and what else is going on, I usually try to let him have some quiet time. Meg went to sleep relatively easily (a first for a nap lately, I think) and I went to my room to do important things, like this, John Adams on DVD and Facebook with a work e-mail or two mixed in.

I had told Andy he didn't have to sleep, but he did have to rest. He wanted to rest in his cave which is the space underneath is bed. I heard him talking to himself being quiet-ish. At a break during John Adams, I noticed he was indeed quiet so I peeked in to see if he'd decided to nap after all. And he had. Under his bed. I took a picture (naturally) and left him. I think he would have stayed asleep except he woke up after about an hour crying because he "had an accident." We cleaned up and then I had to move the bed up (it's a loft) to see if I needed to clean the carpet, too. Fortunately, the damage was contained to his underpants and jeans.

The weather here is above 50 for the first time in 200 years (or two months probably) and I'm loving it! Yesterday it was only 45 and we went to the park twice. Today we worked in the front where I washed my car in an attempt to get the salt and grime off. In the process, it somehow looks dirtier than before. Go figure. It is supposed to be nearly 50 every day next week. I even noticed a few daffodils starting to poke through. I know winter isn't over yet, but welcome back, spring. We've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment