Sunday, February 22, 2009

Clearly gifted

As I was getting lunch ready today, I handed Meg one of Andy's books to keep her busy. She looked at the book for a few minutes, then handed it up to me and said, "read." Seriously. Now, does she know what she said? No, probably not. But I do think she's imitating the other kids at school that are often holding books to Miss Ayesha asking her to read to them. How adorable is that? I love that she's on the path to communication.

She's not walking yet, but she's really wanting to pull up and walk holding on to my hands. I can see why, too, and she actually has worn the skin on her knees down so much that they're rough to the touch. I now see why people buy weird little knee pads for their kids. I can't see buying them myself (at least not today), but I do get it.

Andy continues to amaze me with what he says, too. He'll say random things like, "Actually, Mom, I think I want juice." Actually? And the other day he told me, "I apologize, but I'm not very hungry right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment