Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's not a tum-ah

So I noticed Andy had a weird little bump on the back of his head last night. It was weird, it was about the size of a mento (as in singular of mentos) and moved under the skin. I pretty much convinced myself it was a brain tumor so I played hookey today and got him to the doctor's. Turns out it's a lymph node. Not all kids have them and they don't necessarily have them on either side (he doesn't). She just said to keep an eye on it and if it gets big or swollen, it could be the sign of something else, but as it is now, it's nothing to worry about. So check that off the list -- for now.

Meanwhile, I mentioned this to a friend who said she freaked out similarly and called the advice nurse who told her the same thing. So I'm not that crazy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment