Thursday, January 26, 2006

Language

He's not talking yet, at least not that I can really tell, but then he'll start babbling and it actually sounds like a conversation. I usually play along and we talk back and forth. He usually seems very serious about what he's saying so I try to pay close attention. I'm also hoping for a word I'll recognize. So far, I think I've heard "cat," "bye bye," and "hi" but it's hard to tell. I'm also getting a lot of "mama" FINALLY. I'm not sure he knows what it means exactly, but he knows it gets my attention.

Meanwhile, note to owners of vanity license plates - if you're going to spend the money, please try to state something other than the obvious. So you, the owner of a black Corvette, please think of something more original than "BLKVETT." And you, the guy in a Jeep Liberty, couldn't you come up with something better than "MYLIBTY." I shouldn't complain, these idiots are paying the state $30 in taxes that I'm not, but is it too much to ask for something a little creative?

3 comments:

  1. In my home state of Illinois, it costs a lot more money to get vanity plates than it does in Virginia. The result is that when someone gets a vanity plate, it's usually something they really, emphatically want to express, moreso than MYLBTY. This seems superior to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:17 AM

    I think vanity plates are vulgar. Especially people that put their names on their plates. Can you seem any more desperate? It's the equivalent of walking into a singles bar with a transparent blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    Personalized plates are gay - period.

    ReplyDelete